St John the Baptist Mersham
“a hide of land for a Church at Mersham” was bequeathed by ‘John Siweard and his wife Edith’ in their will dated c. 1040 AD . A church has existed on this site by 1086 AD, as recorded in the Domesday Book.
The Church was rebuilt by the Normans c.1100 AD and further rebuilding was accomplished in the second half of the fourteenth century (1350-1400 AD). The Church is substantially the same today, although over the years it has been altered and changed internally over the years to reflect the current fashions of the day.
The present church contains significant monuments to the local members of the Brabourne and Knatchbull families
Services are held each Sunday morning at 09:30am as follows
First Sunday of each month Family Service
Second Sunday of each month Parish Communion
Third Sunday of each month Morning Praise
A less formal service without Communion
Fourth Sunday of each month Parish Communion
Fifth Sunday of each month Joint Service in one of our six
churches at 10:00am
Please look at our Welcome Page of details of services next week